1 minute reading time (165 words)
A recipe for success! Meat and Potato Pie
Here's one a participant made yesterday - Meat and Potato Pie
For the pastry
225g plain flour, 100g butter, diced, pinch salt
- Sift 225g plain flour into a large bowl, add 100g diced butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in a pinch of salt, then add 2-3 tbsp water and mix to a firm dough.
- Knead the dough briefly and gently on a floured surface.
- Wrap in cling film and chill while preparing the filling.
For the Filling
Beef, 1 onion, mushrooms, garlic, tomato purée, gravy, salt, pepper, thyme, potatoes (garlic, tomato puree, salt pepper and thyme to taste)
- Brown all ingredients apart from potatoes and gravy.
- Transfer ingredients into pan, add potatoes and gravy granules and pint of water. Simmer until beef is tender.
- Make pastry from flour and butter, top filling with pastry in an oven dish and bake 180 degrees for 25minutes.
- Serve with vegetable (and mash?!)